Social Icons

Hearty and Delicious!

Dear Grandma,

When I was a kid Mom used to make Chili Over Fritos, and it was so good I had a friend who requested it whenever she came to spend the night!  I make it now for my family and we all love it, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  It's awesome all year round, even if it's base is chili.  It'd make a really fun menu option for a concession stand, kind of like Walking Taco's, but with chili and fritos instead.  Here it is:

Chili Over Fritos
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 pint tomato juice
1 small can tomato paste
1 can chili beans
2 T chili powder
1 bag Fritos corn chips
cheddar cheese
pickle relish

Add the juice, paste, beans and chili powder to your drained beef and bring to a boil.  Reduce to low and let simmer for 1 hour for the flavors to marry together.  When ready to serve crush up a handful or 2 of Fritos into a bowl.  Pour a heaping serving spoon full of chili over the top, then a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.  The pickle relish is optional but man does it add some good flavor to this dish.  Eat and enjoy!  So simple and delicious!

Here's the chili simmering -- mmm!

I add the cheese before the chili so it gets all melty and yummy!

Here it is, sooo good!

I hope you give this a try, it's so simple to make and tastes amazing.  My mouth is watering for it, wish I hadn't sent the leftovers with Andy to work!

Love,
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!