Social Icons

Second Guessing Myself

Dear Grandma,

I'm second guessing myself (like I do all too often when making big decisions).  Mom emailed me 3 weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in helping them at the bank with a project for a few weeks.  After hashing out a wage and figuring out daycare I decided to go ahead and accept the temporary, short-term position.  Now I'm second guessing myself.  At first I thought it was because I was worried about not being with Brennan all day, every day.  The reason I quit my job was to stay home and raise the boys myself, instead of letting someone else do it.  But today I think I realized I'm really dreading this because of my loss of freedom.  It's so nice to be able to get groceries on a Monday morning, or to run to town to have lunch with Mom or Andy, or to be able to go downstairs during Bren's nap to make Aiden's Valentine's cards.  *Sigh*  Oh, I know, I will be fine.  And I really am looking forward to being among adults again, if only for a few weeks.

I mentioned Aiden's Valentine's cards.  I am so excited about these!  Up to this point we've always just bought some pre-made cards at the store. But in one of my scrap booking magazines I found a cute card that uses a mini Hershey's candy bar that you wrap in fun paper and turn into a robot!  It's so cute.  Today I worked on wrapping the candy bars and cutting out card stock for the card that the robots will attach to.  I want Aiden to help make the robot so we'll be working on them together after I pick him up from school.  Once they're done I'll take a photo and post it so you can see what they look like. 

Time to pick Aiden up.  Talk to you soon,
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!