Social Icons

Pillowcases & Jillian

2 years ago my other grandma (an amazing quilter) made Aiden a pillowcase with John Deere material.  He loved it!  So last year I thought I'd take a whack at making one for Brennan.  I found some super cute material that had little, cute, green frogs on it for the accent piece, and a blue and yellow stripped material for the main part of the pillowcase.  I loved how it turned out and it was one of the easiest sewing projects you can make -- perfect for any of you novice seamstresses out there.  Anywho, I thought it'd be fun to make a girly pillowcase for my niece (turning 3 next month) since she still uses a boppy as a pillow.  So I found some super cute material at a nearby quilt shop yesterday and, during Bren's nap, whipped it up.  I.LOVE.IT!!!  I want to sleep on it, it's so cute!  Nora's going to have some super sweet dreams on it.  Here are 2 pics.


Nora is very into pink right now, so that's what I initially went in looking for, but this yellow material with the bright flowers and butterflies caught my eye and made me think of her bold personality.  So I pulled the pink into the 2 accent materials.  What do you think? Will she like it?  Seriously, it took me less than an hour.  Only 3 seams to sew.  Brennan liked it too...

He fell asleep on it last night when watching TV!!  He kept talking about Nora Jean's pillow.  :)  I hid it after we took him to bed so he could't/wouldn't claim it as his own!

On a different note, I started Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred yesterday.  Ugh, I am so out of shape!  I tried this before and didn't make it past the first level.  I did it for about a week and then just stopped, I don't remember why.  Probably boredom.  So, I am giving it my all this time.  I AM going to do it every day for 30 days (or longer).  Last night was day 1 and I DIED.  I kept imagining myself in a pair of jeans I have that I'd love to fit back into.  I kept telling myself to keep at it so when we got to Las Vegas in a few months I can lay by the pool with 2 skinny minnies we're going with.  It helped.  So this morning when I did it again it was HARDER than last night's.  But maybe because I was a tiny bit sore from last night's trauma. :)  But I tried the same tactics to motivate me and I made it through again.  I took my measurements and weight this morning and will keep track of those throughout.  I think I'll weigh myself every Wed but only measure myself at the very end.  My goals: lose 5 lbs, lose 5 inches.  Wish me luck.

Talk soon,
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!