Social Icons

What's On The Menu? Monday -- Hamburger & Cheese Dip

This dip is known as 'Linda's Dip' in our family, because it's my aunt Linda's signature potluck contribution.  And it is everyone's favorite!  I have made it on a Sunday night for an easy supper and both my boys love it.  I made it yesterday for our Daytona Party (don't get me started on that, darn rain!) and Andy and I finished it off for supper last night.  Here's the deal:

1 lb Velveeta cheese (holy moly has Velveeta gotten expensive!!)
1 10.5oz can chili no beans
1 10oz can tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel)
1 T Worchestershire Sauce
1 T Chili powder
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained

Easy shmeezy, you just dump it all together into a crock pot on high for about an hour.  After it's all melted and stirred together well turn it down to low so it doesn't burn.  Then grab your bag of tortilla chips and dig in!  Yum, yum, yum!

Oh, and if you like it spicier you can adjust the chili powder and use the hot Rotel.  Happy dipping!

Erin

P.S.  My birthday was amazing this year!  My boys all spoiled me rotten and got me the green, cast iron, enamel coated 6 qt dutch oven I've been drooling over for quite some time.  Plus flowers and a book, but the dutch oven is my favorite gift!  I can't wait to cook a roast in it tonight!  Talk soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!