Social Icons

What's On The Menu? Monday -- Grilled Potatoes

Whoops, forgot to do this yesterday!  Where was my head?  Anywho, these potatoes are super delicious and very easy to make.  They go great with anything on the grill.  You can make these in a campfire, too, but since I've not done that myself I can't tell you how long they'll take.  Just make sure they are IN the fire, or you'll have a burnt mess.

Grilled Potatoes
4 or 5 potatoes, washed with skins on and sliced nice and thin
5 garlic cloves, skins removed but kept whole
1 small onion, sliced or chunked, your choice
1/2 red pepper, cut into slices or chunks, again, your choice
a handful or baby carrots or 3-4 whole carrots cleaned and chunked up
salt, pepper
butter (1/2 a stick or so)
Lawry's seasoning salt



OK, you start by cutting 2 long pieces of heavy duty tin foil (about 18"), lay them same side together and fold the long ends a couple of times to make a seam.  Open it and spray it really well with non-stick spray.  Then start cutting everything up and putting in on the foil.  I lay everything on one half of the foil, the seam at the back so the top can fold over like a lid when you're done mixing.  Sprinkle your seasonings on, and this will just be a trial and error thing, folks.  Too much salt and whoa, watch out.  Too little and your bland.  I guess you can always add some at the table, so start small and work your way up.  Then with your hands, mix and toss it all together.  Cut the butter into slices and lay those over the top.  Finally, pull the 'lid' over and fold the 2 long ends together to form another seam.  Do the same with the ends and voila, you have a packet.  If I don't have heavy duty foil I cut another piece of foil and wrap it around the whole thing, because the last thing you want is a hole in the foil leaking out your goodie. 

Throw it on a hot grill and flip every 10 min or so.  These take a good 45 minutes or so.  Another option is to skip the foil packet and just dump everything into one of those foil pans.  That works really well, but cover it with a piece of foil to keep the juices and heat in.  Then just lift that foil to stir every so often. 

I forgot an after picture, they were so yummy I couldn't wait to dig in!

One more option:  any vegetables you like!  Squash and zucchini go really well in this.

Sorry this is so late in getting posted, today was GORGEOUS!!!  So Bren and I ran to a bulk mulch place about 20 miles away and brought home a load, then worked our tails off to mulch my big bed that I worked on last fall.  Then to get Aiden, then home again to play some more.  It was just too nice outside to be in here on the computer.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get my poop in a group and plan things a bit better.  :)
Enjoy the recipe!
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!