Social Icons

The Joy Of Canning

I love to can my veggies!  It makes me feel like a housewife from the 50's. :)  Plus, (brace yourself, inside joke coming) "it sure will taste good this winter!"  (My mother-in-law used to say that to my husband when he was whining about snapping beans, podding peas and hoeing the garden.)

This is as good as I can get Blogger to load this pic.  You get the idea tho.

I went out to the garden last night with a small bowl thinking I'd be picking just enough for a meal.  I ended up filling my mop bucket and large bowl.  Thank goodness the boys were here to help me pick! They had fun, too.  It took me over an hour to snap them all, with the help of the boys again.  And I just pulled the canner off the hot burner to cool down, I put up 17 pints!  I can't believe that!  And I still have 2 more plantings I spaced out coming on.  It's going to be a great crop this year!
Again, darn Blogger.  Grr!  It was such a pretty picture.
Happy Canning!
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!