Social Icons

Whoa-oa! I Gotta Go! Back To Schooooooooolllll!

Have you seen Grease 2?  If not, shame on you!!!  Otherwise, sing along with my post title!  Love that movie, I think I like it better than the first Grease.  Plus who doesn't love Michelle Pfeiffer?

So today is Aiden's first day of 1st Grade.  Oh boy.  He's getting so big!  He is such a kind, considerate, loving, helpful, funny, smart, goofy, athletic, energetic boy.  I love that kid so darn much!  It's really true, you feel like your heart is walking around outside your body when you have kids.  Every morning last year when he'd hop out of the car to walk into school Bren and I would say "There's goes our buddy!"  I thought it this morning, with sadness.  I'm sad he's going back to school, I will miss him so much.  We had our battles this summer, but we had more fun times.  It was a really great summer, one of the best I can remember having.  So today it's just Bren and me.  And next Thursday when Bren starts preschool I will write a really sad post, full of tears, because he is my Pea Pod and I will be totally devastated that he is gone, too.

But in the mean time, here are pics from last night's Back To School night. 

Bren's load of supplies and BIG smile!

Aiden's load doesn't look as big but believe me, he had more stuff than Bren.

Outside Bren's classroom, before going in and finding his cubby.  What a happy boy!

This morning, my big First Grader!

Do you do anything to make your kids' first day back to school special?  We made pancakes this morning.  Usually we have cereal, toast, waffles, or toaster strudels for breakfast on a school morning.

Happy first day of school to all the mommy's out!
Erin

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Grease 2 in forever...but I always thought it was better than the original movie. Not sure if I would still think that if I watched them back-to-back now, though. I'm so thankful that I don't have to deal with back-to-school for another few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the buzz in the air on the first day of school. Now I just dread my little guys going off w/o me. It's weird not to know what they're doing all day, or who they're talking to and about what. Growing up stinks sometimes! Thanks for the comment, I love hearing from readers!

      Delete