Social Icons

Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Good Tuesday afternoon!  Boy, what a day this has been!  It started this morning at 3 a.m.  I did the same thing when pregnant with Brennan, I wake up between 2 and 3 a.m. once or twice a week and it takes me 1-2 hrs to fall back asleep.  It is so frustrating, I just toss and turn.  So did that this morning and had just fallen back asleep when I hear Aiden run to the bathroom coughing and coughing.  But not your regular cough, more of a croup sounding cough.  I hit Andy to wake up and we ran into the bathroom.  There Aiden is standing at the sink panicking because he can’t breathe.  We both thought he was having an asthma attack.  It scared us to death!

I ran to the kitchen to grab him a cup of water hoping him thinking of that instead of how he couldn’t breathe would calm him down.  By the time I got back Andy had him breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth and he wasn’t panicking anymore.  We stayed there for about 5 minutes just having him breathe.  He had so much phlegm in his lungs and throat that he couldn’t even talk.  But by the time we went to the living room to sit up on the couch and calm down he could talk again.  So he slept leaning up against Andy for the next hour and we breathed in through our noses and out through our mouths to calm ourselves down.  So scary to think of driving 20 minutes to the ER with a scared 6 year old who can’t breathe! 

This morning he felt fine (he said) and wanted to go to school.  No fever and hardly any wheezing so off her went with strict instructions to call me if he has a coughing fit again.  This is how our little Aiden does colds, though.  Never this bad, but they all settle right in his chest.  When he was 3 months old and I had just started a new job (3 days in) my sitter called panicked that baby Aiden couldn’t breathe and needed to be rushed to the hospital.  She held the phone up to him and he sounded terrible, like a 90 year old man who has smoked his whole life.  So off I rushed to get him and it was just a cold and nothing they could do.  And by the time I got to him his breathing sounded much better.

So that’s how my day started and it just crazier from there.  Luckily now I’m home, groceries are put away, laundry’s going and I’m blogging.  All’s well that ends well, right Ma Ingalls?  (That’s what she always said to Laura and Mary.)

So, about today’s title.  Do you wish store clerks, bank clerks, waiters, anyone who waits on you this time of a Merry Christmas?  I always do and I always feel like I must be the only one who does because they seem to always light up like, “Hey, you’re right, it IS that time of year!  Thanks for spreading some Christmas spirit!”  Anywho, if you don’t I think you should.  It really perks people up.  I start on December 1st and go right through Christmas Day.

Our Dynamite is quite the gymnast today.

2012-12-11_13-23-00_658

Merry Christmas, Friends!

Erin

2 comments:

  1. I am a December 1st "Merry Christmas!" wisher too! I love it :) Always makes people smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Aiden, I know this sounds crazy but vicks on the feet at night!! I have only tried it on Jeremy (much to his chagrin being a grown man and all) but it helped him with coughing fits in the night!!

    ReplyDelete