Social Icons

Baby Update And Super Bowl Link Up

Hey there!  I’m linking up with Amy today for her Super Bowl Link Up.  As some of you know I am a DIP girl!!!  I love me some dips and appetizers!  Any excuse to get together with friends so I can snack all night long on amazing dips and appetizers is great for me. 

This dip I found via Pinterest – no kidding, like what dips aren’t on Pinterest now?  Anyway, I do not like dips with corn in them normally but this one also has red bell pepper, which I LOOOOOVVVE in dips so I thought I’d try it out.  I made a half batch for a BBQ party we had here last summer with about 8 friends.  While the burgers were burning we sat around the bowl of dip and had it gone in 5 minutes flat!  Seriously!  It was SO.DARN.GOOD!!!  We all loved it and all the girls took the recipe home.  So please give it a try regardless of the corn. Go with a half batch so if you end up not really liking it you’re not throwing out as much money.  Here you go!

Corn and Pepper Dip

1 red pepper, 2 jalapenos (unseeded), 1 can of corn, 1/2 can diced olives, 16 oz. cream cheese (softened), and 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip seasoning mix. Serve with crackers.

I don’t add the olives because most some people are crazy picky and don’t like them.  I used Wheat Thins for the crackers, I just love how they taste with dips.

Disclaimer:  The above recipe is from Pinterest but it didn’t have any source attached to it so I can’t give credit where credit is due.  I am sorry to whomever took this amazing picture! Thanks for the yummy dip!

And I have to share one more because, like I said, I am a dip girl!  This one’s a hot dip and sooooo yummy!

Carrie’s Hot Chicken Dip

4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced into small pieces

4 – 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese

1 Red Bell Pepper, diced

4-5 jalapeno peppers, diced (seed some to keep the heat down)

1 c. diced onion

1 c. Miracle Whip (NOT real mayo)

1 T. lemon juice

Mix together in crock pot and heat through.  Serve with tortilla chips and crackers. (I use Wheat Thins, they taste good with this dip.)

I call this Carrie’s because my friend Carrie gave me the recipe, but feel free to change it to Erin’s Hot Chicken Dip, I won’t mind. Ha ha!

I can’t wait to see all the other recipes and to try some of them out! YUM!


And now on to the Baby Update. 

I recorded the baby’s heartbeat on my phone and of course I can’t get it to upload to You Tube. Why oh why doesn’t it work on my phone???  Grr!  Anyway, Baby’s heartbeat sounded like a horse galloping.  Kind of funny, wasn’t the typical whoosh sound you normally hear.  But it was healthy and strong!  Here’s are some other stats.

Weight gained this appointment: 1 lb.

Total weight gained: 1 lb.

Baby’s heartbeat: 160’s

Me: wearing maternity pants now, started that about a week ago.  Some maternity shirts, only to cover the band on the pants, but definitely don’t need them yet.  I’m feeling great, crazy mood swings still.  I told Andy that it must be a girl and it’s telling me that 2 females should no inhabit the same body.  Yea right, I wish. 

Baby: possibly felt a kick last Friday, felt like popcorn, but I haven’t felt anything since.  It’s early, though, so it could have just been gas.  Starting to get a small bump and my BabyBump app on my phone tells me the baby should weight about 3.5 oz. and be approx. 4.5 inches long (head to rump).  About the size of an avocado.  Last week it said an orange which I believe it the same size or bigger than an avocado, but whatev’s.

The boys are still very excited about this and ask me how I’m feeling and how the baby’s feeling often.  They are good, kind, considerate boys.  I am still emotional, but that’s how I am when I’m not pregnant too so who knows if I’m more or less now that I’m preggo.  But I feel ugly and fat all the time, something I didn’t feel a lot of when pregnant with the boys.  Another sign it could be  a girl?  Who knows.

Ok, I need to get moving. Sorry I couldn’t share the sound of the heartbeat with you, just turn on some old western and listen to the horses running, that’ll get you close!

Love, hugs and good wishes to all!

Erin

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! The recipes sound really good! Glad everything is going well with your pregnancy! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making dips too. Those sounds good so I'll have to give them a try. Glad to hear everything with baby is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a total dip girl too!!
    I have this recipe pinned but have never tried it yet!!
    Thanks for letting me know it's awesome!!
    Yay babies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn dip, we had some at work today! = )
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!!! I love red pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this sounds delicious! Will definitely be making this soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby loves the corn dip! That's his favorite and would eat it all the time if he could. :)

    ReplyDelete