Social Icons

Tuesday

Hey there!  Sorry I have been an absentee blogger lately.  A week ago it was no internet, yesterday it was a day of appointments and errands in town all day.  The boys and I had dental checkups (all clear, no cavities), lunch with my mom, aunt and Grandma, errands and a ‘girly’ check up in the afternoon.  Throw in a few other errands and I was beat!
One of the exciting errands what me getting a new phone!  I bit the bullet and got the Galaxy S4!  I feel so uptown, ha ha! I’m still getting used to it and trying to figure out how to join duplicate contacts (I’m following the directions, they just are joining!).  I can finally take screenshots, something silly to be excited about but I am! Ha ha!  My pics from my old phone didn’t transfer over, which bums me out.  Luckily most of the important ones I had transferred to my computer over time so I didn’t lose them all completely. But there was one in particular that I know I didn’t transfer, lost forever. Oh well, moving on.
I have black raspberries and red raspberries coming out of my ears! I love it!  I’ll be making mixed berry jelly later this week, I can’t wait!  My grape tomatoes are turning red, and there are a TON on the vine, so will have a bunch of those to eat and share.  And my regular tomato plants are full, won’t be long before those are turning red and I’m making Tomato Bread salad weekly! Yum yum!  I’ll share the recipe later! Sounds funky, but OH SO GOOD!  My jalapenos are growing well, too!  I have one out there I could pick but I think I’ll let it go a few more days to get a little bigger.  I think Stuffed Jalapenos are in my near future!
The weather here is HOT and STICKY!  Supposed to cool off after today, back to sleeping with the windows open! I can’t wait. 
Next week is our county fair.  I was a 4-Her from 4th grade through my senior year of high school, the fair is near and dear to my heart.  I still have my 4-H record book!  I should pull that gem out and go through it, see what silliness is in there!  I wish I had pics of me from that era to share but I didn’t show animals so no pics of me at the fair.  I do have my memories, though.  Aiden is in Clover Kids (K-3rd grades), he’ll show his 2 projects Saturday.  I’m anxious to see how he is with the judge.  He gets a little goofy around adults, doesn’t know how to talk to them.  This will be good for him. I’m so excited!
Time to get moving again.  Have a great Tuesday!
Erin

10 comments:

  1. You need to come show me how to get a garden going - right now we just have tomatoes and bell peppers but we are growing them in Home Depot buckets - ha ha (classy!!) ... They are doing really well but next year I want to get more things and get serious about it - sounds like you know what your doing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our County Fair is this week. We went last night. Sucked. 5 min in and we were out $60. We will NEVER go again. So you will be sending me some jam!?!? Haaha. I miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo you're back! I'm jealous of your garden! Too bad you can't mail fresh fruit/vegetables to NJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fairs! 4H is not big in my county, but every other county in KY is big in 4H. Some places even have a drive your tractor to school day! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I wish we were growing berries--so delicious! Are they hard to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, tomato bread salad?! I love tomatoes so I can't wait for that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that salad sounds weird but I can't wait for the recipe!! Your garden sounds amazing! So much coming up, yaaaaay!! I wish I was your neighbor so I could eat some!
    Other than the girly check up, your day yesterday sounded like a nice one! I'm happy you're back, I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My little sisters are 4-hers!!! Can you come make my garden as amazing as yours??? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok you need to write a book or maybe even just a post on gardening! Everything sounds so yummy and fresh. I never did 4H but then again I didn't even know what it was until we moved to a much smaller city a few years ago. I think it will be good for my boys to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those fruits and veggies - YUM! Can't wait to hear about this bread!
    We didn't make it to any town festivals, and it was too early for fair season while we were home. Can't wait to hear all the fun you're going to have!!

    ReplyDelete