Social Icons

Friday Favorites // Link Up

 

Today I’m linking up with some new bloggers I recently found thanks to my friend, Erin. Check out Andrea, Narci, and Erika. They are a breath of fresh air!

 

I HAVE to share with you two of my new favorite things that I was given for Christmas.  Every time I use them I think “I have to tell everyone about these!”

First up, a sugar scrub my sister made for me.  She made me two, actually, but so far I’ve just used the one.  It’s a Mint Sugar Scrub and it smells so refreshing and clean!  I use it in the shower once a week to exfoliate and get all the winter dryness off my skin.  The sugar scrubs off the dry skin and the oil in it moisturizes and leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth!  If you want to make your own HERE’s the link to the one my sister made.

This Homemade Mint Sugar Scrub is a great DIY gift idea!

Next up, the Olay Pro-X!  One of my new year’s life changes is to take better care of my skin.  I love this brush!  It is gentle enough to use daily, which I do, and it makes my skin so dang soft and it looks fresher!  I’ve been using it solidly since Christmas and I can tell a huge difference in my skin.  I highly recommend this brush! It’s VERY affordable and you can find it at Target, Wal-Mart and on Amazon (to name a few). Go get yourself one!

Now for my most favorite gift from Christmas.  It was from Andy.  I had mentioned a few times before how much I would like to have a hardcover copy of my most favorite book of all time, Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.  He couldn’t find a new copy of it so wrapped up a note asking me what I wanted to do about it – not get it at all or order one online that was used.  I decided to go to Amazon and see what I could find that was used.  They had quite a few to choose from, no pictures of course, so I just went with my gut and ordered it from a gal who was selling hers for $.99.  Yes, 99 cents!  Less than $4 for shipping.  Her description said it had never even been opened, so the binding was in excellent shape, as was the dust cover.  I ordered it right away and it came and was in perfect condition!  I am so so happy with it!  And I can’t wait to open the front cover and start reading this most fabulous book … again!

Those are my Friday Favorites, what are yours?

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I do love a good salt scrub. My mom works for Aveda and sends me the Caribbean Therapy scrub and it is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of my favorite books of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking into getting one of those facial brushes for a while. You may have convinced me to pull the trigger.
    LOVE that book! It's been such a long times since I've read it, though. Need to go back and re-read it. :)

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Clarisonic and LOVE it!

    I'll have to try the lip scrub! My lips have taken a beating with me working outside.

    ReplyDelete