Social Icons

Weekend Recap

 

We had a busy, fun weekend around here.

It started off Saturday morning when I met some friends for breakfast at Panera in the big city.  A friend of ours moved away a couple months ago (waaa) but was back in the area for a niece’s birthday party so we met up for a little breakfast and gab fest beforehand.  It was so so good for my soul to get together with the girls and have girl talk.  I had big plans to take picture of all of us and the 2 babies that came along but of course I was too busy chatting to remember.  Womp womp. 

While I was at the breakfast Aiden had his first basketball game/practice/scrimmage (any of these descriptions will do) at the Y.  He was asked to sign up with his best buddy, Evan, so they carpooled over together.  Evan’s mom told me that both boys made baskets, so that’s exciting!  After that Aiden tagged along with Evan’s family to one of their cousin’s birthday parties that was about an hour away.  They were gone all afternoon, got back about 6:00, and Aiden was wiped out!  He had a great time!  Anytime he can hang out with Evan is a good thing! 

After my breakfast I had to hightail it back here so that Andy could leave and meet his Dad and brother to go see ‘American Sniper’.  To say he was blown away by the movie is an understatement.  He was super impressed with it and of course now wants to read the book (Father’s Day gift idea???).  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it was just the Pea Pod hanging out.  We had a great time! 

20150117_134111

Saturday night, once we were all finally back together under the same roof, was pretty low key.  We watched some college basketball, some Fixer Upper, and some Ridiculousness. We’re barn burners over here, I tell ya! Ha ha!

Sunday was another ‘scatter the family to the wind’ kind of day.  My mom, sister and I threw a baby shower for my sweet cousin, Meliah, and her adorable little guy, Max.  I kicked the big boys out of the car at religion class and bombed out to my mom’s to get there with enough time to bake my breakfast casserole and Monkey Bread.  The shower was a brunch, which was a fun change of pace and super yummy!  (And guess who forgot her camera again!!!  So those pics I promised of the decorations, Chrissy? Not going to happen. Boo!)  We had 2 breakfast casseroles (mine was a hash brown base), Monkey Bread, Blueberry Muffin Cake, fresh fruit and Mimosas.  When my family gets together we ALWAYS have a great time, lot of laughter and chatter and gossip and BABIES!!!  I left mine at home (sad face), but of course the main man Max was there, plus Baby Mavis (4mo old) and little Lawson (he’ll be 1 this week).  I did my fair share of baby hogging and got my fix (and maybe my ovaries twitched a little, ha!). 

Meanwhile, while I was there, Andy picked the boys up from RE, brought them home to feed them, then got Aiden ready for a birthday pool party and to be picked up by the mom at 1:00.  Oh, and redressed Tate 2 times because he has learned how to pull his pants off, lol!!!  Lets hope he doesn’t figure out how to remove his diaper!!!  Silly bebe!  As soon a I got home Andy was changing him because he had a nasty teething diaper. I grabbed the nakey boy and took him to the bath tub!  After he got all dried off and dressed (again) he went down for his nap so we had lots of time with our Brenner Joe.  Next week is the school’s 100th day so we worked on Bren’s 100th Day project (pics of that to come), then Andy and Bren played chess (or a version of it, ha!), and watched some football.  After Aiden got back from his party (exhausted) we took it easy and got ourselves ready for another week of school, work and hanging with Tate.

It was such a great weekend, filled with family and friends.  Who could ask for more than that? 

What did you do this weekend?

P.S.  I love getting comments, and have had some new commenters lately, but I can’t reply because they/you are set up as a ‘no reply’ blogger.  I’d love to respond to you so go change your settings so I can! Ha!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like a busy weekend!

    I was hoping to see pics from the baby shower you gave :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn lady! You were super busy in comparison to my veg out/hangover weekend.
    And you should take more selfies...too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends like these are always the best, but they always pass much too quickly.
    Monkey Bread is one of my all time favorite things, but I never seem to get it quite right. How do you make yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday running errands and cleaning....not fun but it needed to get done! Today we spent the day with Andrew's family since we were both off work, which was really nice! Jeanette is going to be ONE on Friday, where on earth has time gone?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy weekend. I actually spent Saturday and Sunday in my pj's until 4p.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous brunch. Shame on you for not getting pictures! Haha!

    I am like OBSESSED with Fixer Uppers. I watched it the whole time I was at my in laws!!!

    ReplyDelete