Social Icons

Weigh In Wednesday

 

I’m linking up with one of my dearest blogging friends, Erin, for Weigh In Wednesday today.

Weigh In Wednesday

It’s been quite some time since I’ve linked up for WIW.  It’s been quite some time since I’ve done more working out than just walking on the treadmill.

One of my New Year’s Goals is to work out at least 4 days per week.  I’d really like to make that 5 days a week but don’t want to set myself up for failure so giving myself a little time to get settled in to this new addition to my days.  I have started crossing off days on the calendar when I work out so at the end of the month I can see that I’ve accomplished my goal.  Visuals make all the difference with me. 

I have taken ‘before’ pics (that aren’t pretty) so hopefully at the end of this first month I’ll be able to see a little difference when I take another set of pics to keep my momentum going and keep me from getting frustrated that nothing’s happening.  Measurements and weight have also been taken and written down. All of that was very unsettling, especially the pictures.  I didn’t realize how bad it’s gotten again.  After having Tate I lost nearly 50lbs, 20 of that past my pre-pregnancy weight.  People noticed I was thinner and clothes fit much better.  Then I got pregnant, ate everything in sight, started drinking pop again and gained weight quickly.  Then I had the miscarriage and the holidays hit and the weight packed on even more.  I am still below my pre-pregnancy weight (barely) and I’m holding on to that with everything I’ve got.  But holy smokes, it’s terrible what that pop did to me!  I firmly believe that if I hadn’t started drinking that poison water again I’d not be in nearly as bad a position as I am right now.  But I did drink it and am reaping the ‘rewards’ for that.

So, what has been my work out of choice?  Jillian.  Again.  She gets results from that darn 30 Day Shred.  I have gotten results from it before. I pulled it out of the back of the cabinet, dusted it off and popped that baby in on Monday.  And I kicked it’s butt!  Ok, so I had to stop twice to use the bathroom (I will be needing to do Kegal’s like mad if I’m going to keep doing all those jumping jacks!!!) but those were quick breaks and I jumped right back on it. Yesterday same thing – I powered through the best I could (with only one bathroom break, lol!) and crossed off that day on my calendar.

Eating healthier goes hand in hand with ‘getting in shape’ and is essential if you’re going to lose any weight.  I made some roasted cauliflower for supper Monday night and got a thumbs up from even my pickiest eater (my husband).  Now if I could get him to love Brussels sprouts as much as I do. 

Today my Polar should be arriving in the mail! I can’t wait to strap that baby on and see what I burn while doing the Shred.  I’ve been wanting one for quite some time, always get a little jealous when I see all the pictures of them on IG and FB.  I hope I’m not totally disappointed in what it tells me.  Any advice or tips on using it?  I believe it’s the Polar FT4.

What are you doing to shape up in 2015?  Any advice on using my Polar?  Healthy side dish recipes you can share?

 

 

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! It's so hard to give up the Mountain Dew (Diet Coke for me) but I know that it makes SUCH a difference! I'm not a sweets eater at all but finally realized that everyday after a mid-day Diet Coke, I would crave (and give into that craving!) candy and allll the sweets. Those two go hand in hand... ughh! Anyways, onward and upward to 2015 and better choices! Now you have me motivated to start Jillian again... ughh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Polar FT4, what I know how to use of it anyway. I normally use it to track the calories burnt and my heart rate. Just make sure you read the instructions before messing with it. I opened mine and threw them to the side thinking I got this.... I changed a bunch of stuff on it and couldn't figure out how to get it back. Cheers to a healthier 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polar is the best! It really makes you push a little bit more to get your calorie burn higher.

    I hate Jillian! She is terrible but her videos do work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my polar. It's great for being accurate. If I put 60 mins of hockey in My Fitness Pal, it says 600 calories, but I really burn 300-500! Big difference! Good luck with Jillian. I'm not a fan of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Polar ;)
    I have never tried a Jillian DVD. I should

    ReplyDelete