Social Icons

Pumpkin Carving 2015


You can't do Halloween without carving the pumpkins!  I bought 3 this year, one for each boy, but only carved 2 because I wanted to keep one out for November.

Deciding what to carve each year is always a fun challenge.  This year, while perusing Facebook one day, I spotted a pumpkin carved with a tiger hawk. Well duh, us Hawkeye fans most DEFINITELY had to try that!  Aiden claimed the 'Hawkeye Pumpkin' as his own, which left Brennan to his own imagination and devices.  He drew up what he wanted on a piece of paper, then we transferred it to the pumpkin.

First up, cleaning out the guts!

Daddy cutting off the lids while Aiden and Tate peeked between the pumpkins


This is as close as Tate would get to the pumpkins once the gut removal started.  I'm not sure if it was how gross the guts look, or the way they smell or what, but he refused to stand next to the boys or help. 

Things got a little wild and Aiden ended up with pumpkin seeds on his face. :)


See, he didn't like the pumpkin guts! :)
 Then the carving began.  We printed off an image of a tiger hawk, cut it out and traced it onto the face of the pumpkin. Andy did the majority of the carving, then I went back in and refined it.


Turned out pretty cool, didn't it!?! :)


Here's Brennan's masterpiece.  I love the eyebrows, ha ha! :)


Major Mom-fail, I didn't get a picture of the kids outside with the pumpkins!  We got busy with homework that night, then showers, then it was bedtime.  Womp womp.  I'll try to get a picture of them out there in their costumes Friday evening.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Aw. I love it!!! Poor Tate. My kids weren't feeling the guts either. They kind of steered clear until that part was over as well. And I failed to get pictures of my kids with their pumpkins outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Tate! Look at his cautious little look - and then not getting too close. HA! I bet next year he gets right in there with the boys.
    Your pumpkins turned out great!!
    We will be carving either tonight or tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped.
    Do you keep your seeds and roast them?? I'm thinking this year I might give that a shot. I've seen a lot of bloggers roasting their seeds with all sorts of yummy sweetness and spices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about not getting the outside pictures because have the biggest mom fail... we didn't do pumpkins at all or Halloween for that matter.

    ReplyDelete