Social Icons

Tenley Louise || 15 Months

Loulie Girl!  You are quite the little sassafrass!  Oh my goodness, girl, you go from being the sweetest little pinky pink to a sassy little tough girl in a blink of an eye.  It's super adorable, for now. :)

You absolutely HATE to be told no.  The other day you were getting into something you shouldn't have.  I picked you up and moved you away and told you "no!" and boy did that break your heart!  You cried and cried and buried your face in my lap.  Sweet little pudding pie!

You haven't had any fear of strangers yet and seem to make friends wherever you go.  You let anyone hold you but always keep a close eye on where I am.

You are saying  more and more words every week.  Shoes, eyes, nose, book, milk, Tate, Tenley, Aiden and Brennan are your latest.  You even mimicked 'Happy Birthday' last week for Tate's big day!  I can pretty much get you to mimic any word I say but your clearest words are definitely shoes, eyes, milk, book, Da and Mama.

You have 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom.  You have started drooling again so I think your other two bottom teeth are starting to move around.

You are such a tiny little thing and are light as a feather.  You are getting taller, though, because I  notice your size 12m jeans are a little too short now.


You love to climb up on the chairs, couch, stools and piano bench but once you are up there you think you can't get back down.  Sometimes you will climb back down from the chairs and always the couch but the stools and piano bench and sometimes the chairs you will stand on and holler 'Ma! Ma!' until I come get you down.  We need to practice how to safely get down from them.  We should also practice safely crawling down stairs, that trick will come in handy some day.

Books and dolls are your favorite things to play with.  You pull as many books off the shelf that you can reach and sit down to look through them or have me read them to you.  You like to feed your dollies their bottle and set them in their highchair.  We alternate between two that you take to bed with you.

Morning naps are still hit or miss.  I think you'd be fine without them but after a busy weekend or a later night I lay you down and you always fall asleep.  I try to limit those morning naps to 1 hour so you still take a good afternoon nap. Those typically last from 1:00 to 3:30, sometimes later or sometimes earlier.  You go to bed at 8 every night and wake up around 6:30 or 7 the next morning.  You fall asleep with your two middle fingers in your mouth and your snuggle blankie up under your nose.

You haven't been much of a snuggler but lately you will sit on my or Daddy's laps while we are watching TV at night.  It might only last a minute or two but it's much more than you have ever done since you've been mobile so that's been nice for that extra contact.

Shoes!  Goodness do you love your shoes!  Obviously since it's one of your first words they are important to you.  :)  You will find a shoe and bring it to me then sit down and look at me until I put it on for you.  You try to put the shoe on yourself sometimes but haven't figured that skill out yet.  If we ask where your shoes go you point to your feet.


You are always one of the brightest spots in my day and I love you to pieces, my little girl.  I'm excited to see what this next month brings!

Weight: 22.8lbs
Height: 31"
Diaper: Pampers Swaddlers size 3
Clothes: 12 & 18mo, shoe size 4


3 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie. I think Evan's first real word was Oliver (AAVER) and No (clear as day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you're doing a 15 month update. I swear I was just reading about her birthday party.
    Lou and Julia would make amazing friends, they sound SO much alike! "No" is no fun around these parts, shoes are the greatest thing in the world, and being light as a feather - I totally relate!
    Happy 15 month to Tenley!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love that she loves her shoes!

    ReplyDelete