Social Icons

What's Up Wednesday

I'm linking of with Shay today!



What we're eating this week
Monday I made what is probably our last batch of chili for the Winter.  Tuesday we had leftovers because of Parent/Teacher Conferences.  Tonight will be sandwiches since both boys have soccer practice at different times in different towns.  Thursday possibly beef and noodles. Friday, who knows!

What I'm reminiscing about
My cousin had a baby boy yesterday so I'm doing a ton of reminiscing about when our four were newborns.  I miss those days so much.





What I'm loving
The warmer temps we've been having.  We are in the 50's, which isn't much to write home about, but we have had some 60's and even a day in the 70's and it's been so nice!  I can handle a week of the 50's since I know we are on the verge of having consistent 60's!

What we've been up to 
If you look at my calendar it looks like we've been up to a LOT!  But really, it's not been anything too major or note worthy.  Soccer practices, parent/teacher conferences, meetings here and there, birthdays... in a nutshell, we've been up to LIFE.  It feels good.

What I'm dreading
Hmm, I can't think of anything I'm dreading right now.  

What I'm working on
I'm trying to find a dress for Easter and Brennan's First Communion.  Does anyone else have a really hard time finding dresses?  I finally ordered two from JC Penney.  I looked online at Target, WalMart, Maurices, Express, Old Navy... I was getting so frustrated!  I ordered two,  hopefully one will fit and look nice or I have no idea what I'll be wearing!

What I'm excited about
I'm excited about going down to St Louis next month for my hair show!  Girl time, check!  Lots of hair and makeup, check!  Dancing, check!  More girl time, check check!  It's going to be so fun, I'm really excited for it!

What I'm watching/reading
I'm reading an Elin Hilderbrand book called 'The Matchmaker'.  I'm just barely into it but I do enjoy her books so anticipate liking this one.  Last month I read two books by Liane Moriarty - 'Truly Madly Guilty' and 'The Hypnotists Love Story'.  I enjoyed them both but they aren't my favorite LM books.  This month's Book Club book is 'A Man Called Ove' by Fredrik Backman, I will start that once I finish 'The Matchmaker'.  

I'm watching 'Dancing With The Stars'.  Sort of.  I haven't watched this show for years but I really like Erica Jayne from RHOBH so thought I'd give it a chance.  One of my favorite junk shows, 'Southern Charm', starts either this week or next so I'll be watching that every week this Spring.  And basketball - I can't believe the tournament is almost over!!  My bracket is totally busted, by the way.

What I'm listening to
I can't get enough of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You'.  So good!  On Pandora I've been listening to Children's Lullaby Radio, it is so pretty and calming and just good.  Try it regardless of needing children to fall asleep or not!

What I'm wearing
Same old same. 

What I'm doing this weekend
This weekend soccer games start!  We have two games Saturday mid-day plus pictures before each game.  Sunday we are having my family over to celebrate my mom's birthday that is next week.  After dinner we are going to trim trees and bushes - my dad has an extendable chain saw thing so we can reach up into the tree easier.  Not a terribly busy weekend but hopefully a productive one.

What I'm looking forward to next month
I am most looking forward to Brennan's First Communion!  I'm so excited for him to take this step in the Catholic Church.  I'm also looking forward to warmer weather and heading south to St Louis for the hair show and weekend away with my friends.  It's going to be great to be just Erin for three days (but I'll be ready to get back and be Mommy when it's over!).

That's What's Up this month!


5 comments:

  1. Our calendars sound so much the same.

    Yay for Southern Charm!!! I can't wait!!!

    I am having the hardest time with reading right now! I want so badly to read so many books but don't have any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you be in STL? I would totally love to meet up with you even if it is for 5 minutes. Seriously!

    I HATE dress shopping... like dread it. I wish I could pay my SIL to just do the shopping for me because I really just dislike shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed Sheeren's song Shape of You - seriously just makes me dance in the car when it comes on! My poor kids and their embarrassing mom. Dresses can be so hard, I find some at the Loft when they have sales and then at our local department store - do you have Von Maur? Have fun on your girls trip, those are always refreshing and rejuvenating for us moms!!! xoxo ERIN popped over from the link up, just love these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that Ed Sheeren song!! Love those pictures of your sweet babies - they grow so fast! I'm excited for you to go to St. Louis for some girl time - us mamas need that!! Glad all is well . . . crazy over here, per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New babies. I want one sooooooo bad.
    I can get everyone else dressed and looking good for Easter (or family photos, or Christmas, or fill in the blank), but getting myself in something cute/I like? Psh. Toughest task ever.
    You're the second blogger that's mentioned that the LM books as of late have been just "meh." And, I've heard really, really good things about A Man Called Ove.

    ReplyDelete